Crispy dough with yummy filling inside! This could be a perfect evening time snack when you – invite friends, watch a movie, have a family time, special evenings or not any special evenings. There are different types of samosas depending upon the flavor of the dough and the method of preparing the stuffing. In this recipe, I have used mixed vegetable as my stuffing.
Please watch the video for easy and simple instructions:
Also read the recipe and see the pictures for step by step instructions:
- Prep time – 20 mins
- Cooking time – 20 mins
- Serves – 3 or more
- Boiled vegetables of your choice – Potatoes (1), Carrots (1), Beans ( 2 ), Green Peas ( a small handful)
- Onion – 1 medium
- Green chilli pepper – 1
- Ginger ( 1 inch ) , Garlic ( 3 cloves ) – crushed
- Salt to taste
- Garam masala – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Oil – for deep frying
For the dough:
- All purpose flour – 2 cups and more for dusting
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Water – 1 cup or more , for soft dough
- Knead the samosa dough by combining the dough ingredients. Make it a soft dough. If the dough is too soft and sticky, add more flour.
- Cover the dough with a cloth or cling sheet sheet while the stuffing is being prepared.
- In a skillet, add some oil and green chilli pepper, onion and crushed ginger garlic. Saute well.
- Add garam masala and enough salt to taste.
- Finally add the boiled vegetables in. Mix well and cook for 2 mins.
- Completely cool it down. Mash it lightly with hands or using a masher.
- Section and roll out the dough into a thin sheet. Cut the dough into equal desired portions.
- Stuff the filling and make it into any shape preferably a triangle.
- Deep fry for 2 minutes over high/ medium heat.
- Serve samosas with or without a dip.
Hope you like the recipe. I will share another interesting recipe in my next post. Please subscribe my Youtube channel for updates. Your feedback and suggestions are welcome. Have a wonderful day!