Kotthu Parotta is a popular South- Indian recipe which is made by mincing the parotta with eggs, chicken/mutton ( meat) and meat salan or curry. Usually in hotels, this recipe is prepared on a griddle by constant or intense mixing and mincing the mixture with a rigid spatula. While pounding the mixture with spatula, anyone nearby can hear the sound. This is the one dish that most of the people in Tamilnadu like the most after biryani. This can be served with meat gravy or just like that.
Whenever I prepare this recipe, there is no doubt that my family members empty it in a jiffy. By adding less spice, any kids will love it. Since the parotta has a slight sweet taste and crispy texture, kids are really after this recipe thinking that they are in restaurant. That too, when their mom makes their favorite recipe which can only be eaten in restaurants, they get quite excited. Okay! Let me share this recipe below.
- Prep time – 30 mins
- Cooking time – At most 30 mins
- Serves – 2
- Onion – 1 small ( finely chopped)
- Tomato – 1 Medium ( finely chopped)
- Green Chillies – 1 or 2 ( finely chopped)
- Chicken gravy – 1/2 cup
- Eggs – 2
- Ground turmeric – a pinch
- Parotta – 3 or 4 depending upon the size
- Cilantro for garnishing
- Salt to taste if needed
- Ground pepper – 1/2 teaspoon
- Ginger garlic paste – 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil – 1 to 2 tablespoons
- Make the parottas side by side while chopping the vegetables. Tear up the parottas with hand or cut those randomly with scissors into pieces. ( Ready made parottas can also used and I will share how to make parottas in future sessions.)
|Sauteing onion, tomato, green chillies with ginger garlic paste.|
|Adding in the parotta pieces.|
|Add in the eggs.|
|Mixing well with eggs|
|Minced parottas with gravy and cilantro|
- In a shallow saucepan, heat oil. Add the green chillies, onion. Saute well.
- Then add the tomatoes, ginger garlic paste,ground turmeric and saute well. Add the parotta pieces in. Mix well.
- Then add the eggs in. Mix well continuously. Sprinkle some ground pepper.
- Add the meat gravy into it. Turn off the stove. Using a steel glass upside down, mince the mixture well. Stainless steel baking scraper or spatula can also be used to mince.
- Now turn on the stove over medium/ high heat, mix the entire content continuously till it become dry. If needed add salt.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot with any meat gravy.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe. I will share another interesting and easy recipe in my next post. Your feedback and suggestions are welcome. Have a wonderful day!