Hope you liked my yesterday’s recipe – Red Snapper Fish Curry. In order to go with that, I wanted to share a fish fry as side dish. Fish fry is usually prepared with all size fishes namely Anchovies, King Fish/ King Mackerel, Red Snapper, Tilapia, Sea Bass,etc., It all tastes good with fish curry.
When I went to the fish market this time, I found fresh red snapper and a good butcher. He did an awesome job cutting the fish – clean and steak. But my last time red snapper shopping experience was gross. So I thought of sharing this recipe which I am tasting it after many days.
- Prep time – 15 mins for mixing and 2 hours ( For best results, marination time should be at least 2 hours)
- Cooking time – 7 mins
- Serves – 3
- Red Snapper – 1 and half pound ( cut into thin slices)
- Ground Red chili pepper – 2 tablespoon
- Ground Coriander – 1 tablespoon
- Ground turmeric – 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Oil for shallow frying
- Lemon ( optional after cooking)
- Cut and wash the fish pieces.
|After cleaning and washing|
|Adding the marination ingredients|
|Marinated fish slices|
|Oil for shallow frying|
|Frying the fish slices|
|Ready to be served!|
- Add the all the ingredients except oil and lemon and mix the fish pieces well in the spices. Keep it marinated.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over high heat. Once is oil is heated enough, add the marinated fishes one by one.
- Cook it for 3.5 mins over medium and high flame. Flip it slowly and cook the other side too.
- Once the fish is cooked, serve it hot. Lemon may be squeezed.