Ginger garlic paste is a mixture of ginger and garlic cloves. It is commonly used in curries and many vegetable dishes in India. Ever since I started cooking, it was that one time I bought ginger garlic paste and when I sniffed the bottle, I felt really bad for buying it. That’s when I decided “Never buy Ginger Garlic paste outside!”
Why to buy a paste outside, when you can easily make it at home? It can be easily made at home using a mortar and pestle. To save time, it can be grinded, stored and used for a week. Here’s the method of how I do:
– Ginger and garlic in equal quantities
– Water little bit
- Peel the garlic cloves. I put 2 full garlic. Equally take the ginger. Peel it and cut the ginger into pieces.
- In a blender, add the chopped ginger and garlic cloves.
- Blend it dry. Then add little bit water and get a thick smooth paste.
Note: Do not add too much water as it will reduce the storage time.
- Store it in a glass or air tight container and refrigerate it.
- Use it whenever needed.