Egg masala is a semi dry mild masala curry. One of my all time favorite dish. For a cold or rainy weather, it is an awesome combination with rice and chappathi. An easy recipe to make in few mins.
Garlic goes with eggs very well and gives a nice aroma.
This recipe seems spicy but it is absolutely a mild spice one. This is a recipe which I make whenever I feel out of mood to cook.
- Prep time – 15 mins
- Cooking time – 20 mins
- Serves – 2
- Chicken eggs – 3
- Onion – 1 large ( finely sliced)
- Tomato – 1 small ( diced)
- Garlic – 5 cloves ( crushed with skin)
- Ground turmeric – a pinch
- Red chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
- Ground coriander – 1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 1 and half tablespoon
- Water – 80 ml
- Boil the eggs and deshell them. Slit on its surface. Refer: How to make perfectly hard boiled eggs?
|Roasting the garlic|
|Boiling curry when raw smell got vanished|
|Eggs are added|
|Just about to serve|
- In a saucepan, heat oil over medium. Add the crushed garlic and let it release a nice aroma.
- Now add the onions in. Saute well until translucent. Then tomatoes go in along with salt. Saute till they are nicely done like sauce.
- Add water along with red chilli powder, ground turmeric and ground coriander over medium and low heat ( covered) until the raw smell vanishes.
- Once the oil started to separate, add the hard boiled eggs in.
- Bring it to reduction of semi dry masala curry and garnish with curry leaves.
- Serve hot with biryani, rice or chappathi.
Trust me! This is an awesome recipe for bachelors too! Hope you liked the recipe. Before you leave why don’t you check my Vegetarian Recipes, Beginner’s Kitchen ( Recipes and Tips ), Non – Vegetarian Recipes, Chutney Recipes.