I wanted to share my all time favorite recipe, Chilli Chicken Dry. The taste of chilli chicken I tasted in India still comes to my mind. The succulent chicken with chewy batter along with the crunchy vegetables makes it very special. It can be served as a dry appetizer or as a semi liquid stir fry along with rice normally a fried rice.
The add- on ingredients gives a thick saucy texture for the fried chicken pieces. My brother’s favorite recipe too. Those days when we ordered chilli chicken along with fried rice in our favorite Indo – Chinese restaurant while we all planned to watch some movie is remarkable ! I am recalling this because today is his birthday. Happy birthday, dear bro!
I never thought that I would miss him this much as we were like cat and dog in our childhood. Now, we are like best friends. We talk about everything. So, people don’t get frustrated that you were having same type of irritating brother / sister . Time will come when you will find the trueness of relationship. I don’t want to boredom you telling my experiences. You will find out when you get your chances. In this session, I am going to share you everybody’s favorite Chilli Chicken Dry.
|Chilli Chicken Dry|
- Prep time – 30 mins
- Cooking time – 20 mins
- Cuisine – Indian ( Indo-Chinese)
- Serves – 3
– For marination :
- Chicken breast – 1 boneless ( Cut into small pieces)
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Ground pepper – half teaspoon
- Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
- Sugar- 1 teaspoon
- Ginger garlic paste – half teaspoon
- Baking powder – half teaspoon
- Cooking oil – 1 tablespoon
- Soy sauce – half tablespoon
- Water – 150 ml
- Egg – 1
- Corn starch – 1/2 cup ( 170 gms)
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
– For preparation:
- Cooking oil – 500 ml
- Cooking oil – 1 tablespoon ( for seasoning )
- Green chillies – 5 ( Sliced )
- Garlic cloves – 8 ( finely chopped)
- Ginger – 1 inch ( finely chopped)
- Corn starch – 1 teaspoon
- Onion – 1 diced
- Bell pepper – Orange 1 and Green 1 ( Any colors can be added )
- Soy sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Red chilli sauce – 2 tablespoon ( hot )
- Ground pepper – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
- Spring onions for garnishing.
- Add all the ingredients for marination to the cut chicken breast pieces without any lumps. Marinate for 30 mins.
- While the chicken getting marinated, chop the garlic, cut the vegetables.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying. Fry the marinated chicken for 5 mins ( Till 70 % of the chicken gets cooked)
|First time frying|
|After first time frying|
|After second time frying|
|Tested chicken; Sliced to confirm 100% cooked. Yes!|
- Take another big wok or pan for the sauce and mix. Heat oil and add the chopped garlic and ginger.
- Meanwhile fry the chicken for the second time for 3 mins. Now the chicken must have completely cooked.
|Sauteing the veggies along with sauces|
- Add the green chillies,onion and bellpepper. Saute well till the vegetables cook through halfway.
- Add the sauces, lemon juice along with salt. Saute well. Now add the fried chicken in. Mix it well. Serve hot with some spring onion.
Hope you enjoyed the chilli chicken recipe. I will think and try something new in next session. Thank you Uncle Thiru for suggesting this recipe!